We’ll hold your mail at the post office if you can’t deal with it right now
- Safe – If you don’t want your mail to collect in your letter box or PO box while you’re on holiday, we’ll hold your letters, parcels, subscribed periodicals and money orders for you for a period of time from a few days up to 30 days (except for post offices operated by Post Partners).
- Simple – You can request mail holding after registration at MyPost or by handing over an order form completed in duplicate to the post office providing the service either in person or through an authorised representative.
- Fast – We will start providing the service from the second working day after you made your request at the latest.
- Advantageous – Up to 5 close relatives living in the same household or at the same address can be covered by the same fee for the service paid at the same time as ordering. For information about the fees, see the Mail Holding product sheet ( General Terms and Conditions for Postal Services Product Sheets), or enquire at any post office.
– During the mail holding period you can still pick up your mail at your delivery post office without cancelling the contract.
– From the day after the contract was concluded, the contract can be cancelled any time by the person who concluded it through MyPost or in person.
– When the period for mail holding expires, we will deliver your mail to your address or have them ready for collection at the delivery post office, whichever you choose. When the service expires, you also have the option of requesting our redirecting service for your mail items to a new address.
How long can I request the service for?
The service can be ordered for 2 weeks, 3 weeks or 1 month.