You know your valuable item is safe
- If you post a valuable item, send it insured!
- Comprehensive insurance – An insured item means full insurance cover for your mail. Provided the (true) monetary value of the item’s content is marked on the outside of the mail item, in the event of its loss, destruction, damage or missing content, we will compensate you based on the amount of the stated value.
- Safe – Your insured item is handled with extra care in all stages of the postal process.
- No ceiling for the value of domestic mail – There is no upper limit for the HUF value of insurance for domestic mail.
- For information about the price of the service, see our Tariffs page, the product sheet or ask at a post office.
- Insurance is available with specially sealed items and a receipt for registered mail items must be completed. The value of the item must be given on the mail item’s cover or accompanying document. In international mail the amount of insurance is different for each country. For information see our Country Guide page.
- For more information on the special rules of sealing insured letters and parcels, see the General Terms and Conditions for Postal Services page.