The classic way – letter, postcard, picture postcard
- The great advantage of the domestic letter service is that it is available everywhere.
- You can post your mail at any post office or simply pop it in a postbox anywhere in Hungary.
- We deliver letters up to 2 kg to the door throughout the country.
- Numerous options are offered by the different letter types: standard letter, postcard, picture postcard, other letter.
- Useful information: You can find out about weight and size limits on the General Terms and Conditions for Postal Services page from the document General Terms and Conditions for Postal Services – Product Sheets.
I have moved and I want my letters to be sent on to me. What do I have to do?
For both domestic and international mail, if the addressee moves or is temporarily away, we redirect mail items to the addressee’s new or temporary address for a fee based on a contract to this end.
The redirecting service can be ordered at post offices, in MyPost or using Magyar Posta’s mobile application.
What is the fastest way to get a letter from Budapest to Nyíregyháza?
If you use the Domestic EMS express mail service, we will deliver your mail items separately from all other mail within a certain time specified in advance.
For more information about the posting conditions of EMS mail items, phone +36-1-333-7777.
I lost the delivery notice that I found in my letter box. Will I be able to receive my letter without it?
The notice is not an official document and the mail can be delivered without it. If you can’t remember which post office you can collect your mail item from, call our Customer Service on +36-1-767-8282 and they will advise you which delivery post office serves your address.